Last Updated: September 29, 2023
This document details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User Data collected on CheekedUp. This Site expressly and strictly limits its membership and/or viewing privileges to adults 18 years of age and over or having attained the age of majority in their community. All persons who do not meet its criteria are strictly forbidden from accessing or viewing the contents of this Site. We do not knowingly seek or collect any personal information or data from persons who have not attained the age of majority.
As part of CheekedUp’s compliance with Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations; CheekedUp is working with iDenfy for identity verification services. The information that is collected from iDenfy along with how such information is used and stored can be found on their website: https://www.idenfy.com/privacy-policy/
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy Policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
DATA AND INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT AND HOW IT IS COLLECTED
Our company collects the following data:
- Legal first and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Physical address, city, state/province, zip/postal code and country
- Birth date
- Government issued photo identification
- Legal first and last name
- Email address
- All Users:
- Demographic Information (IP address, referring website information, internet browser used, zip code and/or other data regarding search history, browsing history and user history)
- Device Information (web browser, IP address, time zone, cookies)
All information that is collected may be shared with other third parties as necessary to comply with applicable law or to cooperate with law enforcement and the court system.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as "Device Information".
- Managing the Site and our services;
- Processing and facilitating your transactions;
- Responding to inquiries and requests;
- Sending you notices, updates, changes to policy information, and support and administrative messages;
- Preventing fraud, breach of our policies and terms, and harm;
- Monitoring usage and activity; and
- Improving the Site and our services.
- Complying with the law, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement requirements;
- Protecting the rights, property, and security of CheekedUp, its services, or any third party;
- In connection with any proposed merger, purchase, sale, or any other type of business acquisition or combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of CheekedUp to another company;
- For purposes disclosed to you when you provide CheekedUp with personal information; and
- With your consent or at your discretion.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- "Cookies" are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
- "Log files" track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- "Web beacons", "tags", and "pixels" are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA?
Any information collected is used to:
- To improve the information that the Site provides to its users.
- Confirm the identity of the Site’s users.
Our Site may use services such as Know Your Customer which transmits certain user and website traffic data to Know Your Customer servers. We use reports provided by Know Your Customer to provide identity verification services. You can read more about how Know Your Customer uses your Personal Information here:
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our users browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). We also use the information collected for marketing and advertising purposes.
STORING AND SHARING YOUR DATA AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
We securely store your data using servers hosted by Amazon Web Services (“AWS”). Information collected by AWS may be stored in AWS regional data centers. The transfer and storage of your information and data are made in accordance with the terms and policies of AWS. More information about how your data and personal information are stored and transmitted to AWS can be found here: https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
MARKETING AND BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
We would like to send you information about our products and services that we think you might like. You have the right to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or sharing your information for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at: email@example.com
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s ("NAI") educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
CheekedUp would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every User is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request CheekedUp for copies of your personal data. We may charge a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that CheekedUp corrects any information that you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request CheekedUp to complete information that you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that CheekedUp restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to CheekedUp’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that CheekedUp transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority – You can complain about our processing of your personal data.
- The right to withdraw consent – To the extent that the legal basis of our processing of your personal data is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
These rights are subject to certain limitations and exceptions. You can learn more about the rights of data subjects by visiting https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
"Cookies" are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- Understanding how you use our website
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
There are a number of different types of cookies. CheekedUp uses the following types:
- Functionality: CheekedUp uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember certain previously selected preferences that you’ve made. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies is used.
- Advertising: CheekedUp uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address. CheekedUp sometimes shares some limited aspect of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. CheekedUp may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, and the above mentioned website will tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. Please be advised that in a few cases, some of our Site features may not function as a result of disabling cookies.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our systems are encrypted using SSL (“Secure Sockets Layers”) certificates.
DO NOT TRACK
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. This Site does not support the DNT browser setting. As such, please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you live in California and are using our Site, you can request a list of the personal information that is collected and the information that has been shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. We will also give you a list of the third parties that have received your information. You can make a request one time each year.
To exercise your rights, you can email us with the information provided below. Mention in any email that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry. We will use our best efforts to respond within 30 days.
If you are a UK or European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a UK or European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you become a user of the Site, we will maintain your data and information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site and CheekedUp’s services are meant solely for adults aged 18 and older. CheekedUp does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from minors under 18. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your minor under 18 has given CheekedUp information, please contact us with the information provided below. Mention in any email that you are making a “COPPA Information Request.”
For more information about our company, contact information, privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at: email@example.com
HOW TO CONTACT THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITY
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that CheekedUp has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the following authorities:
- European Data Protection Supervisor: https://edps.europa.eu/data-protection/our-role-supervisor_en
- UK Information Commissioner Office: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/